Re: Catholic Dictionary & Others (mostly clean)

  > > Thought you might enjoy this and can relate!!!
  > > The Catholic Dictionary
  > > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
  > >
  > > AMEN: The only part of a prayer that everyone knows.
  > > BULLETIN: 1. Parish information, read only during the homily. 2.
  Catholic
  > > air conditioning. 3. Your receipt for attending Mass.
  > > CHOIR: A group of people whose singing allows the rest of the
  congregation
  > > to lip-sync.
  > > HOLY WATER: A liquid whose chemical formula is H2OLY.
  > > HYMN: A song of praise, usually sung in a key three octaves higher than
  > that
  > > of the congregation's range.
  > > RECESSIONAL HYMN: The last song at Mass, often sung a little more
  quietly,
  > > since most of the people have already left.
  > > INCENSE: Holy Smoke!
  > > JESUITS: An order of priests known for their ability to found colleges
  > with
  > > good basketball teams.
  > > JONAH: The original "Jaws" story.
  > > JUSTICE: When kids have kids of their own.
  > > KYRIE ELIEISON: The only Greek words that most Catholics can recognize
  > > besides gyros and baklava.
  > > MAGI: The most famous trio to attend a baby shower.
  > > MANGER: 1. Where Mary gave birth to Jesus because Joseph wasn't covered
  by
  > > an HMO. 2. The Bible's way of showing us that holiday travel has always
  > been
  > > rough.
  > > PEW: A medieval torture device still found in Catholic Churches.
  > > PROCESSION: The ceremonial formation at the beginning of Mass,
  consisting
  > of
  > > altar servers, the celebrant, and late parishioners looking for seats.
  > > RECESSIONAL: The ceremonial procession at the conclusion of Mass - led
  by
  > > parishioners trying to beat the crowd to the parking lot.
  > > RELICS: People who have been going to Mass for so long, they actually
  know
  > > when to sit, kneel, and stand.
  > > TEN COMMANDMENTS: The most important Top Ten list not given by David
  > > Letterman.
  > > USHERS: The only people in the parish who don't know the seating
  capacity
  > of
  > > a pew.

 The Brain

 In the Hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room where their
 family member lay gravely ill. Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and
 somber.

 "I'm afraid I am the bearer of bad news," he said as he surveyed the worried
 faces. "The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain
 transplant. It's an experimental procedure, semi-risky, and you will have to
 pay for the brain yourselves."

 The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a length of
 time, someone asked, "Well, how much does a brain cost?" The Doctor quickly
 responded, "$5000 for a male brain, and $200 for a female brain."

 The moment turned awkward. Men in the room tried not to smile, avoiding eye
 contact with the women, but some actually smirked. A man, unable to control
 his curiosity, blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask, "Why is the
 male brain so much more?"

 The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and then to the entire group
 said, "It's just standard pricing procedure. We have to mark down the price
 of the female brains, because they've been used."

 > >level.

 > Things You'll Never Hear Men Say
 > >>
 > 1. I think Barry Manilow is one cool motherf***er.
 > 2. No I don't want another beer. I have to work tomorrow.
 > 3. Her tits are just too big.
 > 4. Sometimes I just want to be held.
 > 5. That chick on "Murder, She Wrote" gives me a woody.
 > 6. Sure, I'd love to wear a condom.
 > 7. We haven't been to the mall for ages, let's go shopping and
 >    I can hold your purse.
 > 8. F*** Monday Night Football, let's watch Ally.
 > 9. It's late. Put your clothes back on and I'll take you home.
 > 10. Honey, I'm going to the store, do you need more tampons?
 > 11. I know you just blew me, but I need a kiss.
 > 12. I'm sick of beer, give me a fruit juice with a lemon twist.
 > 13. Great, your mother's coming to stay with us again.
 > 14. I wonder if my gorgeous neighbor knows that her drapes are open
 > >> when she's getting ready for bed? Maybe I should tell her.
 > 15. No way, you weeded the garden last week. It's my turn.
 > 16. Better get rid of these old Penthouse magazines. I don't look at
 > >> them any more.
 > 17. I understand.
 > 18. This movie has too much nudity.
 > 19. Damn, we're late for church!
 > 20. No, I don't want to see your sister's tits.
 > 21. Damn these onions, pass me a tissue.
 > 22. Put some panties on for Christ's sake

 These are supposedly actual answering machine announcements.

 This woman gives birth to a baby, and afterwards, the doctor comes in,
  and he says, "I have to tell you something about your baby."
   The woman sits up in bed and says, "What's wrong with my baby,
  Doctor?    What's wrong???"
   The doctor says, "Well, now, nothing's wrong, exactly, but your baby
    is a little bit different. Your baby is a hermaphrodite."
    The woman says, "A hermaphrodite... what's that???"
    The doctor says, "Well, it means your baby has
    the...er...features...   of a male and a female."
    The woman turns pale. She says, "Oh my God! You mean it has a
   penis......AND a brain?" >>

 >58 Actual Newspaper Headlines (collected by journalists)
 >      ==========================================
 > 1. Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says
 > 2. Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers
 > 3. Safety Experts Say School Bus Passengers Should Be Belted
 > 4. Drunk Gets Nine Months in Violin Case
 > 5. Survivor of Siamese Twins Joins Parents
 > 6. Farmer Bill Dies in House
 > 7. Iraqi Head Seeks Arms
 > 8. Is There a Ring of Debris around Uranus?
 > 9. Stud Tires Out
 >10. Prostitutes Appeal to Pope
 >11. Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over
 >12. Soviet Virgin Lands Short of Goal Again
 >13. British Left Waffles on Falkland Islands
 >14. Lung Cancer in Women Mushrooms
 >15. Eye Drops off Shelf
 >16. Teacher Strikes Idle Kids
 >17. Reagan Wins on Budget, But More Lies Ahead
 >18. Squad Helps Dog Bite Victim
 >19. Shot Off Woman's Leg Helps Nicklaus to 66
 >20. Enraged Cow Injures Farmer with Ax
 >21. Plane Too Close to Ground, Crash Probe Told
 >22. Miners Refuse to Work after Death
 >23. Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
 >24. Stolen Painting Found by Tree
 >25. Two Soviet Ships Collide, One Dies
 >26. Two Sisters Reunited after 18 Years in Checkout Counter
 >27. Killer Sentenced to Die for Second Time in 10 Years
 >28. Never Withhold Herpes Infection from Loved One
 >29. Drunken Drivers Paid $1000 in '84
 >30. War Dims Hope for Peace
 >31. If Strike isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last a While
 >32. Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures
 >33. Enfields Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide
 >34. Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge
 >35. Deer Kill 17,000
 >36. Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead
 >37. Man Struck by Lightning Faces Battery Charge
 >38. New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group
 >39. Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft
 >40. Kids Make Nutritious Snacks
 >41. Chef Throws His Heart into Helping Feed Needy
 >42. Arson Suspect is Held in Massachusetts Fire
 >43. British Union Finds Dwarfs in Short Supply
 >44. Ban On Soliciting Dead in Trotwood
 >45. Lansing Residents Can Drop Off Trees
 >46. Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half
 >47. New Vaccine May Contain Rabies
 >48. Man Minus Ear Waives Hearing
 >49. Deaf College Opens Doors to Hearing
 >50. Air Head Fired
 >51. Steals Clock, Faces Time
 >52. Prosecutor Releases Probe into Undersheriff
 >53. Old School Pillars are Replaced by Alumni
 >54. Bank Drive-in Window Blocked by Board
 >55. Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors
 >56. Some Pieces of Rock Hudson Sold at Auction
 >57. Sex Education Delayed, Teachers Request Training
 >58. Include your Children When Baking Cookies

 A team of archaeologists was excavating in Israel when they
 came upon a cave. Written across the wall of the cave were the following

 symbols in this order of appearance: A woman, a donkey, a shovel, a
 fish, and a Star of David.

 They decided that this was an amazing
 discovery and the writings must be at least several thousand years old.
 They chopped out the piece of stone and had it brought to
 the museum where archaeologists from all over the world came to
 study the ancient symbols. After months of careful study and
 deliberation a
 conference was held to discuss the meaning of the markings.

 The president of the society stood up, pointed at the
 first drawing and said, "This looks like a woman. We can judge
 that this race was family oriented and held women in great esteem.
 You can also tell they were highly intelligent. Since the
 next symbol resembles a donkey, they must have been smart enough to have
 animals
 help them till the soil. The next drawing looks like a shovel of some
 sort, which
 means they even had tools to help em. Even further proof of their high
 intelligence is the fish,
 which means that if a famine hit the earth and food did not grow, they
 would turn to
 the sea for food. The last symbol appears to be the Star of David which
 means they were evidently Hebrews."

 The audience applauded enthusiastically in response to the
 scholar's great wisdom and intellectual insight.

 Suddenly a little old man stood up in the back of the room
 and said..............
 "Idiots! Hebrew is read from right to left. It says, 'Holy
 Mackerel, Dig The Ass on that Chick'!"

 Women's revenge for all those sexist jokes........

 Q.  Why are married women heavier than single women?
 A.  Single women come home, see what's in the fridge and go to bed.
       Married women come home, see what's in bed and go to the fridge.

 Q.  What's the fastest way to a man's heart?
 A.  Through his chest with a sharp knife
 .
 Q.  How can you tell if a man is happy?
 A.  Who cares?

 Q.  Why is it so hard for women to find men that are sensitive,
       caring, and good-looking?
 A.  Because those men already have boyfriends.

 Q.  When would you want a man's company?
 A.  When he owns it.

 Q.  How many men does it take to wallpaper a bathroom?
 A.  Three, if you slice them very thinly.

 Q.  Why do men get married?
 A.  So they don't have to hold their stomachs in any more.

 Q.  What are a woman's four favorite animals?
 A.  A mink in the closet, a Jaguar in the garage, a tiger in the
       bedroom, and a Jackass to pay for it all.

 Q.  How do you get a man to do sit-ups?
 A.  Put the remote control between his toes.

 Q.  Why are blonde jokes so short?
 A.  So men can remember them.

 Q.  Why do men buy electric lawn mowers?
 A.  So they can find their way back to the house.

 Q:  Why were hurricanes usually named after women?
 A:  Because when they arrive, they're wet and wild, but when they go,
       they take your house and car.

 > >  How Yodeling was Invented
 > >
 > >   Many many years ago, a man was traveling through
 > >   Switzerland at night and had nowhere to sleep.
 > He
 > >   asked a farmer if he could spend the night in
 > the barn
 > >   and the farmer agreed
 > >
 > >   The farmer's daughter asked the farmer, "Who was
 > that man
 > >   going into the barn?"
 > >
 > >   "Some fellow needed a place to stay," answered
 > the farmer.
 > >   "so I said that he could sleep in the barn."
 > >
 > >   The daughter asked "Did you offer the man
 > anything to eat?"
 > >
 > >   The farmer hadn't, so the daughter said, "Well,
 > I'm going to
 > >   take him some food."
 > >
 > >   The daughter was in the barn for an hour before
 > returning to
 > >   the house, her clothes all disheveled and
 > buttoned up wrong,
 > >   with several strands of straw tangled up in her
 > long blonde
 > >   hair. She immediately went to her bedroom to
 > sleep.
 > >
 > >   A little later the farmer's wife came down and
 > asked the farmer
 > >   why their daughter went to bed so early.
 > >
 > >   "I don't know," said the farmer. "I told a man
 > that he could
 > >   sleep in the barn and she took him some food."
 > >
 > >   "Well, did you offer the man anything to drink?"
 > >
 > >   The farmer hadn't, so the wife said, "I'm going
 > to take
 > >   something out there for him to drink."
 > >
 > >   The wife was in the barn for over an hour before
 > returning to
 > >   the house with her clothes messed up and straw
 > twisted into
 > >   her blonde hair. She went straight up the stairs
 > and into bed.
 > >
 > >   The next morning at sunrise, the man in the barn
 > got up and
 > >   continued on his journey, waving to the farmer
 > as he left the farm.
 > >
 > >   A few hours later, the daughter woke up and went
 > right to the
 > >   barn, only to find it empty. "Where's the man
 > from the barn?"
 > >   she eagerly asked the farmer.
 > >
 > >   Her father answered, "He left several hours
 > ago."
 > >
 > >   "What?" she cried. "He left without saying good
 > bye?
 > >   After all we had together?  I mean, last night
 > he made
 > >   such passionate love to me!"
 > >
 > >   "What?" shouted the father. "He took advantage
 > of you?"
 > >   And the farmer ran out into the front yard
 > looking for the
 > >   man but by now the man was halfway up the side
 > of the
 > >   mountain.
 > >
 > >   The farmer screamed up at him, "I'm gonna get
 > you!
 > >   You had sex with my daughter!"
 > >
 > >   The man looked back down from the mountainside,
 > >   cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled
> [...]

 Idiot Bosses

 A magazine recently ran a "Dilbert quotes" contest. They were for people

 submit quotes from their real life Dilbert-type managers.

 Here are the finalists:

 1. As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building
 using
 individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday and
 employees will receive their cards in two weeks. (This was the winning
 quote
 from Fred Dales at Microsoft Corp in Redmond, WA.)

 2. What I need is a list of specific unknown problems we will encounter.

 (Lykes Lines Shipping)

 3. E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be

 used only for company business. (Accounting manager, ElectricBoat
 Company)

 4. This project is so important, we can't let things that are more
 important interfere with it. (Advertising/Marketing manager, United
 Parcel
 Service)

 5. Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule. No one will

 believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for

 months. Now, go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's

 time
 to tell them. (R&D supervisor, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing/3M
 Corp.)

 6. My Boss spent the entire weekend retyping a 25-page proposal that
 only

 needed corrections. She claims the disk I gave her was damaged and she
 couldn't edit it. The disk I gave her was write-protected. (CIO of Dell
 Computers)

 7. Quote from the Boss: "Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say."
 (Marketing executive, Citrix Corporation)

 8. My sister passed away and her funeral was scheduled for Monday. When

 told my Boss, he said she died so that I would have to miss work on the
 busiest day of the year. He then asked if we could change her burial to
 Friday. He said, "That would be better for me." (Shipping executive, FTD

 Florists)

 9. "We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not
 going
 discuss it with the employees." Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines
 Division)

 10. We recently received a memo from senior management saying: "This is
 inform you that a memo will be issued today regarding the subject
 mentioned
 above." (Microsoft, Legal Affairs Division)

 11. One day my Boss asked me to submit a status report to him concerning

 project I was working on. I asked him if tomorrow would be soon enough.
 He
 said "If I wanted it tomorrow, I would have waited until tomorrow to ask

 for
 it!" (New business manager Hallmark Greeting Cards.)

 12. As director of communications, I was asked to prepare a memo
 reviewing
 our company's training programs and materials. In the body of the memo
 one of
 the sentences I mentioned the "pedagogical approach" used by one of the
 training manuals. The day after I routed the memo to the executive
 committee,
 I was called into the HR director's office, and told that the executive
 vice
 president wanted me out of the building by lunch. When I asked why, I
 was

 told that she wouldn't stand for perverts (pedophilia?) working in her
 company. Finally, he showed me her copy of the memo, with her demand
 that
 be fired - and the word pedagogical" circled in red. The HR manager was
 fairly reasonable, and once he looked the word up in his dictionary and
 made
 a copy of the definition to send back to her, he told  me not to worry.
 He
 would take care of it. Two days later, a memo to the  entire staff came
 out
 directing us that no words which could not be found  in the local Sunday

 Newspaper could be used in company memos. A month  later, I resigned. In

 accordance with company policy, I created my resignation memo by pasting

 words together from the Sunday paper. (Taco Bell Corporation)

 **********

 cc:Jokes

 Cows on the country side

 A city man was tooling down a country road when
 his car sputtered to a complete stop near a field
 filled with cows.
 The driver, getting out to see what was the matter,
 noticed one of the cows looking at him.

 "I believe it's your radiator," said the cow.

 The man nearly jumped right out of his city slicker
 britches!
 He ran to the nearest farmhouse and knocked on
 the door.

 "A cow just gave me advice about my car!"
 he shouted, waving his arms frantically back toward
 the field.

 The farmer nonchalantly leaned out beyond the door
 frame to glance down the field.

 "The cow with two big black spots on it?" the farmer
 asked slowly.

 "Yes! Yes!
 That's the one!"
 the excited man replied.

 "Oh Well, that's Ethel," the farmer said, turning back to
 the man,
 "Don't pay any attention to her.
 She doesn't know a thing about cars."

 Thanks Chase for

 Nun Confesses

 The new nun goes to her first confession.
 She tells the priest that she has a terrible secret.
 The priest then tells her that her secret is safe
 in the sanctity of the confessional.

 She says, "Father, I never wear panties under my habit."

 The priest chuckles and says,
 "That's not so serious, Sister Bernadette.
 Say five Hail Mary's, five Our Fathers, and
 do five cartwheels on your way to the altar."
 ********************************************88

 Thanks Lori for

 blonde joke

 While out one morning in the park,
 a jogger found a brand new tennis ball,
 and seeing nobody around,
 he slipped it into the pocket of his shorts.
 Later, on his way home,
 he stopped at a pedestrian crossing,
 waiting for the lights to change.

 A blonde standing next to him saw the large
 bulge in his shorts.
 "What's that?"
 she asked,... with her eyes gleaming lustfully.
 "Tennis ball," came the breathless reply.

 "Oh," said the blonde sympathetically,
 "that must be painful.... I had tennis elbow once!"
 ****************************************88

         Funjokes

 The big sale
 It was the day of the big sale.
 Rumors of the sale (and some advertising in the local paper)
 were the main reason for the long line that formed in front
 of the store by 8:30, the store's opening time.

 A small man pushed his way to the front of the line,
 only to be pushed back, amid loud and colorful curses.
 On the man's second attempt, he was punched square in the jaw,
 & knocked around a bit, and then thrown to the end of the line
 again.

 As he got up the second time, he said to the person at the end
 of the line, "That does it!
 If they hit me one more time,
 I'm not opening the store!"

 Are they relatives of yours?
 A young couple drove several miles down a country road,
 not saying a word.
 An earlier discussion had led to an argument,
 and neither wanted to concede their position.
 As they passed a barnyard of mules and pigs,
 the husband sarcastically asked, "Are they
 relatives of .yours?"
 "Yes," his wife replied.
 "I married into the family."

 Left-turn
 On a recent flight, an elderly passenger kept peering
 out the window.
 Since it was totally dark, all she could see was the
 blinking wing-tip light.
 Finally, she rang for the flight attendant.

 "I'm sorry to bother you," she said,
 "but I think you should inform the pilot that his
 left-turn indicator is on and has been for some time."

 cc:Jokes

 Job Interview

 A blonde goes for a job interview in an office.
 The interviewer decides to start with the basics.

 "So, miss, can you tell me your age, please?"

 The blonde counts carefully on her fingers for
 about 30 seconds before replying, "Ehhhh ..22!"

 The interviewer tries another straightforward one
 to break the ice.

 "And can you tell me your height, please?"

 The young lady stands up and produces a measuring
 tape from her handbag.
 She then traps one end under her foot and extends the
 tape to the top of her head.
 She checks the measurement and announces,
 "Five foot two!"

 This isn't looking good so the interviewer goes
 for the real basics.
 "And just to confirm for our records, your
 name please?"

 The blonde bobs her head from side to side for
 about twenty seconds, mouthing something
 silently to herself, before replying, "Mandy!"

 The interviewer is completely baffled at this stage,
 so he asks,
 "Just out of curiosity,
 I can understand your counting on your fingers to
 work out your age,
 and the measuring tape for your height is obvious,
 but what were you doing bobbing your head when
 I asked you your name?"

 "Oh that!" replies the blonde,
 "That's just me running through 'Happy birthday to you,
 happy birthday to you...'"

 One summer day, my wife and I invited relatives
 for a cookout and a swim.
 My young nephew and I were having a conversation
 when suddenly he said,
 "I wish you were my dad."
 Taken aback, I began musing that because I enjoy
 children I'd probably be a wonderful father.
 And then he added,
 "You have a pool."