Re: off subject

  • Subject: Re: off subject
  • From: "Dan Nelson" <sussextreeinc@ce.net>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 12:02:28 -0400

Mary,

First I want to say how sorry I am that your family suffered such a terrible loss. Would the pain have been any less if alcohol had not been involved?

The billboard at our State Police station shows that more people have died in accidents that are not alcohol related than have died in accidents that are alcohol related in Delaware.

A very sad situation occurred recently north of us where a non drinking driver ran a red light and killed a 21 year old woman. The judge did not give this man jail time and gave as part of his reasoning "that alcohol was not involved". I somehow doubt that this makes her family and friends feel any better.

It is sad that Robert Downey Jrs.' substance abuse problems causes some people to put him in the same category as people who feel no remorse after committing manslaughter with their automobiles.

Dan