Hostas in print

  • Subject: Hostas in print
  • From: "Preston Littleton" <plittleton@ce.net>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 06:48:33 -0400

I received my "Hosta Magazine" in the mail yesterday. The Editor's Message
states, "Hosta Magazine is in Trouble   That's right, unless Hosta Magazine
can make it financially, it won't survive the first year."
Well, maybe it is best that it dies. The first issue received some negative
reviews and I expect that this second issue won't do much better. I know
that the magazine has failed to live up to my expectations.

A headline in the lawn & garden section of The News Journal (a DE newspaper)
states "Aggressive plants stage hostile takeover".  A picture caption
continues with "Hostas and other aggressive spreaders need diligent
containment measures to keep these beauties from becoming invasive beasts."
The author, Moira Sheridan, includes grasses and daylilies as the other
culprits in her garden.

Preston Littleton ( plittleton@ce.net )
Seaford DE
zone 7