Re: Hostas in print

  • Subject: Re: Hostas in print
  • From: Andrew Lietzow <andrewl@hostahaven.com>
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 07:18:49 -0500

Mike Groothuis wrote:
RE:>>Hostas as invasive. aggressive beasts!? That's about the most ridiculous thing I've hear yet.

Ditto... Please note that this comment comes from "The News Journal (a DE newspaper)", not the Hosta Magazine.   I'm sure some folks from Delaware that we know who only be more than happy to help straighten out this travesty in reporting.

I agree with Mike, BTW, this person is obviously one of those journalists that believes that the "man bites dog" news story is what the reading public loves to see in print.   Please, Preston, Dan, Bruce, or Jim; write the editor a brief note of encouragement for this author, Moira Sheridan, to do a little more thorough research before s/he reports on gardening issues.

Maybe you could get us an address, Preston, and several of us to drop them a note... I wonder if Moira Sheridan has ever even been to a garden that features Hostas, Lilies and Grasses?

--
Andrew C. Lietzow, Hacker - The ACL Group, Inc.
..Also #1 Plantsman at http://hostahaven.com ...