Re: Hostas in print

I have met very few garden writers that know anything about gardening.  I
think the garden column is one of those jobs the new guys get because nobody
else cares.

We had a writer from the Baltimore Sun come out and do a story on us once
and when we read it we couldn't believe it.  She wrote about our perennial
petunias and all kinds of other stuff we never heard of.  The Washington
Post has a couple of people who know what they're talking about.  I miss
Henry Mitchell, The Earthman, who wrote a pretty good column.  I probably
miss him most because he was a customer and mentioned us a few times.  A
recommendation in the Washington Post doesn't do your business any harm,
even though it is a liberal rag.

Chick