4.0, my garden and so on....

  • Subject: 4.0, my garden and so on....
  • From: ShayDguy@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 17:35:22 EDT

Dear everyone,

The unofficial tally is in.

For my 17 hours of credit since January, I again have achieved a 4.0 GPA.  It
wasn't easy, but then it isn't supposed to be a cakewalk.

Now I have 3 1/2 glorious days off until Spring classes start.

I plan to use the time to work on my garden.  It is beginning to look a
little shabby, although the hardy Michigan weeds are thriving well.  Most of
the plants I couldn't get into the ground last fall have survived and are
sticking up out of their pots.  Even the daylillies in the foam cooler are
up.  I did find a baby 4" slug when dividing a pulmonaria last week, so will
have to do something about those darling little critters.  I found them up to
6" last summer.  It also seems as if H. Dorothy Benedict has survived and has
two divisions.

I'm relaxing the next few months by taking 5 classes, three of which will
finish all my prerequisites for finishing the nursing program and the other
two--which I'm auditing--will help with the tough fall semester ahead.

Finally, I'd like to thank all for your continuing support and encouragement
over the last year.  It has been quite an experience returning to school at
age 55 and taking on a full academic load.  But this old fogie has shown a
few whippersnappers that you don't count us out until after final exams!

Jim Dixon