Re: Some Grow---Some Don't

  • Subject: Re: Some Grow---Some Don't
  • From: CCREDUX@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 22:18:55 EDT

In a message dated 5/3/2001 8:48:34 PM Central Daylight Time, RBRSSR@aol.com

Ray writes:

Bruce is very knowledgeable, so I'm sure this would be an explanation for at
least some of the problems, but I think there may still be other
explanations. I hope other knowledgeable persons will offer their thoughts
and suggestions.

I don't think it is for lack of water. Maybe too much water on some? Not for
lack of fertilizer in my garden, but once again, perhaps too much?
My tentative answer is that it has something to do in part with light. What
the other part is, I know not. Cold temps? Hot temps?

I am sure that some of you have areas of your garden that you sorta let the
plants fend for themselves.(Sorry to make plants sound like humans!) AND they
In my case it is ornamental grasses. I never fertilize them and only water
occasionally--they flourish.

What we might do is to list the poor but once great ones.Ones that are not
near maples and such, but ones growing in what we always considered "ideal"

Clyde Crockett z5