Re: 4.0, my garden and so on....

  • Subject: Re: 4.0, my garden and so on....
  • From: "Gerry/Bob O'Neill" <eoneill@attglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 06:56:07 -0400

Congratulations, Jim! I can relate, since I returned to the U of Tenn in my
early forties (not up there with your 55, but close) and graduated in 1996
at 50. I was working full time in addition to school, so the house and
garden went to hell..I'm still trying to catch up!

My GPA wasn't quite a 4.0, but good enough for graduation cum laude, and
worth every minute.

We are well along into spring down here..Everything up and fully unfurled,
irises (Irishes, they call them down here) blooming, even the hummers are
back. This is the best the garden will look all year, before the slugs and
heat have their way. Tonight is the annual plant sale for the UT Arboretum
Society. Usually a few choice hostas there, and I'm hoping they have some
more native azaleas. Last year I bought four. I'm gradually replacing all
my magenta screamers with native azaleas. They do better here, and I have
bloom up through July on one or another. Now if we could just get some rain...