Re: Some Grow---Some Don't

  • Subject: Re: Some Grow---Some Don't
  • From: "Pat Mora" <patmora@planetkc.com>
  • Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 06:56:29 -0500

<There have been some very good observations already made by several people on hosta-open on the ovservations that "some grow-some don't". Let me add my two cents worth.>

Jim: Just before I planted my new Lakeside Hosta yesterday I dug about 10" down and 12-18" wide, poured large quantities of boiling water into the hole and swooshed the soil. Is that sufficient to sterilize the soil? Last year, close to this spot I had a hosta with crown rot.
Pat Mora