Re: Jim Hawes review of IPM practices

  • Subject: Re: Jim Hawes review of IPM practices
  • From: bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 19:26:58 -0500

Andrew Lietzow wrote:

> I seldom try to "stir things up" - I am a peacemaker.  I do, however,
> like to encourage people to get out of their comfort zones and to
> continue to research things.  Yes, man is destructive, yet so is
> nature.  We are constantly repairing the damage that nature has done
> (earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, monsoons, volcanoes) and
> trying to save species that, were they left to their own devices,
> would disappear all on their own.  Where have all the dinosaurs gone?
> We did not destroy them.

HI Andrew
	I was going to say my neighbor has entirely the opposite opinion you do
about chemicals. He is the head of some large environmental group and
believes if we quit using chemicals we would be better off. You are the
first one I have ever seen that believes if it wasn't for us the earth
probably couldn't carry on. I know alot of amphibian species are dying
out, so are trees from acid rain we create. Our rivers and lakes are
polluted, species are dying out everywhere. I could go on and on with
the lists but I don't know how you can say 6,000,000,000 or more people
and rising all the time is helpful to earth and a few natural disasters
hurts it. Besides the dinosaurs were probably killed off with a meteor
and nothing we did or didn't do.
                Hostasonline http://hostasonline.com/
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/