Re: H. 'Surfer Girl'....why the difference in green color in the pix?

  • Subject: Re: H. 'Surfer Girl'....why the difference in green color in the pix?
  • From: Chick <chick@bridgewoodgardens.com>
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 08:17:24 -0400

Surfer Girl's parentage is unknown.  I'm afraid I'm not organized enough to keep track of all the crosses I make.  I know that's frowned upon, but I do a lot of things that are frowned upon.

The difference in color is probably due to exposure.  It loses the satiny dark green color if it's given too much light.

Cindy Johnson wrote:

Hi folks...especially Chick, if you're "listening", I just got H. 'Surfer Girl' (one of Chick's introductions) through the Northern Wisconsin Hosta Society.  What an adorable tiny, wavy leaf it has!   What is it's parentage?? Thanks in advance,Cindy JohnsonWhite Bear Lake, MNzone 4a p.s. There are a couple pix of it on the Hosta Library....why does the color appear a richer green in the 1st pic? That greener color is much more attractive to my eye.