Re: Hosta Francee sport

  • Subject: Re: Hosta Francee sport
  • From: RBRSSR@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 19:21:00 EDT

In a message dated 05/03/2001 9:14:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
pbracey@mtco.com writes:

I bought H. Francee yesterday and it appears to contain a sport.  This
'sport' has two leaves nearly white with a green vein in the center of one
leaf.  My question is what comes next?

If you leave a white sport on the mother plant, it most likely will (some
year) come up without the white leaves. If you separate it from the mother
plant, it will most likely be very difficult to keep alive.

Sorry if this has already been answered.  I deleted a lot of mail to get
caught up.
Ray Rodgers, Bartonville, IL, CIHS, Zone 5