Re: Hosta 'Cherry Berry' Hardiness?!

  • Subject: Re: Hosta 'Cherry Berry' Hardiness?!
  • From: CCREDUX@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 23:12:43 EDT

In a message dated 5/6/2001 6:20:58 AM Central Daylight Time,
eoneill@attglobal.net writes:

A few years ago Diane
Frederick advosed me to water my potted hostas well, then lay them on
their sides and cover with leaves in early winter.

A very good thing to do! That is what I do with my container-grown hostas and
they survive our rather harsh z5 cilmate. I said" Container-grown." Warren
knows all the various terms for growing hostas in anything but those  grown
in the beds. Tell us Warren!
Clyde C.