News from Quebec Hostas and Hemerocallis Society

  • Subject: News from Quebec Hostas and Hemerocallis Society
  • From: "le clown jardinier Réjean D." <bomil@total.net>
  • Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 21:13:50 -0400

I would like to give you some news. I was out of the messages for few
months. This Society keeps me very busy.

First, as you all know, we started on April 2000. I was the only member when
I started it. Today we are very close, if not there yet, 400 members signed.

We had couple conferences, we started Plant development program, we started
Guest plant program (thanks to Mark Zilis, Tony Avent, Dave Niswonger, Ted
Petit, John Peat, etc.), we made group order with with Ted and John, we just
made another group order with Mark Zilis, we made two plant exchange
exclusive to the members, we made gardens visits, and we published already
two NEWSLETTERS (bilingual).

I would like to thank all those who helped us growing so fast. Thanks for
the articles we translated. Thanks to Mark Zilis who gave us the permission
to sell his new book (We have sold about 100 of them). Thanks to Timber
Press who allowed us to sell the Color Encyclopedia of Daylilies (We have
sold about 100 of them).

I have attended the AHS annual convention in Minnesota last year and I will
attend the one in Raleigh in June. I also attended the AHS annual convention
in Philadelphia last July and I will attend the one in Boston next July.

We have made deals with four Botanical Gardens. Breeders and Nurseries are
giving us plants to introduce with their visitors.

If you know breeders or nurseries ready to donate plants to these gardens,
just e-mail me (bomil@total.net). We will be glad to put your name in those
flower beds. We want to promote hostas and daylilies. We want to show the
newest cultivars, the most recent. By the way there is a member from our
Society who have registered daylilies this year. New members to the AHS from
our region have subscribe.

Season here is very nice. The hostas and daylilies are growing.

By the way, you are all welcome to become member of our Society. Our web
site is: http:www.iquebec.com/hostasquebec . Our site is bilingual.

Good season to all of you.

Reggie D. Millette