Re: Burying pots in the ground

  • Subject: Re: Burying pots in the ground
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 07:21:12 EDT

I agree with you about wet feet in Hostas...but in my sandy soil I have
started the hosta in the pot thing too. To me it keeps some more of the
moisture around the plant for a bit longer.
For protection from the roots of the Poplar trees that cover my front yard
and the weeds that keep trying to take over my hosta beds, that is the only
way they stand a chance to grow.
If I had the maple trees that some discuss..those would also be in pots.
I have these wonderful maples I rescued from my neighbors and now am
reconsidering where I will put them. Has to be a place I will never put
Hmm maybe I woud be better just giving them away...and getting some more oak
trees started or something...

zone 4
Where my On Stage just broke ground....