New Virus

  • Subject: New Virus
  • From: Betsy Mahtani <bmathani@flash.net>
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:24:08 -0500

Received a virus recently from my BROTHER.  Since Snow White, I check
the origin of all messages, but did not suspect a message from my
brother.  He knows how it reached him, but his virus checker did not
detect it.  The subjects are "set by certain...", "can combine any...",
and "either expressed or implied..." (the subject I got).  When you try
to open the attachment, it apparently sends it on randomly to some or
all names in your address book.  I may not have gone far enough to
activate it.   He has detected no damage to his hard drive.
Fortunately, I have few names in my address book.  Hope no one
got it from me.  Have contacted several, and so far no one has had it.

Does anyone know anything more about this virus?

Betsy