Re: Disgusted

"Roy M. Dales" wrote:

> At least we need to do something or else we are going to end up like the
> "daylilly's with over 10,000 registrations that after a while become
> meaningless.

I'm not sure that I should be the champion of registration, given my history,
but I can't see that as is a big problem.  If they are meaningless, then they
can be ignored and I don't know what harm they do.  Registrations are just
names and descriptions on a list.  On the other hand, if somebody has already
named a plant Maybellene, and its a piece of junk, if it's not registered, then
my perfectly wonderful introduction may be confused with this worthless piece
of trash.  The root of the problem is the fact that a plant that I may think is
very worthy, may be trash in the eyes of others.  I doubt that anyone is really
registering plants that they think are worthless.  Who's to decide?  Maybe I'm
right and everyone else is wrong.  It's happened before!

I don't think all those registrations have had an adverse effect on daylilies.
We might ridicule the excesses, but the plants are still pretty popular.
Sometimes you have to go with the lesser of two evils.

Chick