Re: Disgusted

Every solution to this problem, if if is a problem, seems to involve someone or some
group of people passing judgement on a plant.  That's fine if I'm the one that gets to
decide.  But even that doesn't really solve the "problem".  If you stop people from
registering a plant that you don't think is worthy, do you really think that person
will accept that you know better, and that he or she should dump the plant.  Nobody's
going to throw away a plant they like because you don't like it.  It just becomes
another unregistered hosta.  How do you determine if no one likes the plant?  If the
name expires does everyone who has the plant have to take the name off so it won't be
confused with another plant that takes the same name.

I don't see that there is any great shortage of names.  My problem with the yellow
seedling wasn't that all the good names were used, it was that none of us registered
the plants and I didn't know they were being used. If we had all been registering our
plants, I wouldn't have used Yellow Submarine, Mellow Yellow and Afternoon Delight in
the first place.  There are always more names, cause Rock and Roll Will Never Die.

I haven't paid much attention to daylilies in years.  Are the names they're coming up
with now all that bad?  Any worse than the names they were using 25,000 daylilies ago?

The only practical answer I can come up with is to license hosta breeders.   Maybe
like they do with peanut farmers.  I'll be in charge of that too, if it's ok with
everyone.

Chick