Re: naming, other issues...

  • Subject: Re: naming, other issues...
  • From: Robydub@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 12:13:34 EDT

In a message dated 5/16/2001 8:24:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
alttara@earthlink.net writes:

I ordered Crown Prince from Naylor Creek this spring, and got a small
chartreuse plant. Now, I thought it was supposed to be variegated,

Gosh, I'd better do more reading...this is the first I've read of Crown
Prince being variegated although the sources you quoted certainly make that
implication.  It was registered in '87 by Henry Ross and Pete Ruh: "yellow,
cream, and bright green; sheen, few marginal undulations."  This fits what I
have (which came from Pete via Chuck Purtymun) but you have to read between
the lines on it.  It is bright green with yellow undertones and an occasional
cream tone, depending upon the amount of sunlight it gets.  Do you suppose
the authors you quoted misread the "between the lines" portion?  It sounds
like Naylor Creek sent the correct plant.