RE:

  • Subject: RE:
  • From: "Mary Chastain" <mc_hosta@Bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 18:30:57 -0400

Lou I  still have not heard from Kaye so I will pass on this information to you.  Last year Kaye asked me to supply 200 plants of Lakeside Rocky Top for a meeting that was to be held this summer.  The committee waited so long before selecting the variety that I was concerned about the availability of these for this year.  I talked with Jim Anderson of Winterberry gardens and he felt there would be no problem in having them ready.  I sent extra plants hoping to insure success.  All winter I have asked Jim how things were developing and thought that he told me everything was fine.  A few weeks ago I asked him for a count.  After asking the second time, I was upset when I got no answer.  I called him.  He assured me that he would get a count and get back to me.  Well to make this a little shorter, this past Sunday he brought me the plants and there is not 200.  In fact I doubt that there is 100.  I wrote Kaye about this and asked her about substituting other varieties to fill the number for the meeting.  I have not heard.  I need to prepare the plants and find out when and how they are to be shipped.  Can you help me?  I will never depend on a man again.  When I tell someone that I will do something then I plan to do it.  Not fulfilling what is expected of me causes me to lose sleep.
I can send different varieties such as Lakeside Small Fry, Lakeside Miss Muffett and Lakeside Baby Face.  The first two are as new as Rocky Top.  Baby Face is a little older but few people have it.
The thing that I need to know is will this be acceptable and about the shipping time.
Mary