Re: Off the hosta subject.........

  • Subject: Re: Off the hosta subject.........
  • From: JMFLIES@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 08:46:58 EDT

Good Morning Roy,
This particular orchid is a 'Phalaenopsis Orchid', common name - 'Moth
Orchid'.  It is rather pretty.
It came in a small plastic pot that has many slits on the side of it with
roots coming out all over the place.  Some of the roots look rather dry on
the ends.  I did go and buy some orchid mix.  But what kind of pot am I going
to have to have.  I would imagine one with a drain hole, but this plastic pot
has got slits all over.  Does it matter what its pot is made of?  It is
blooming right now, do I wait till it is done flowering to re-pot it?  What
kind of fertilizer do you use and when do you fertilize it?
Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you - Joyce

JOYCE M. FLIES
PANTHEON HOSTA GARDENS
"The Friendship Plant'
DALLAS CENTER, IOWA   50063