Missing hosta found

  • Subject: Missing hosta found
  • From: "Kate Ardissono" <ardissono@home.com>
  • Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 18:18:19 -0500

Well, after a crazy work year last year, I vowed to get working in the
garden.  As I cleaned up, I had several major surprises.  The first was a
hosta growing inside a side of rocks (made me think of their native
habitat).  The second was a plant that I thought was a goner last year (just
a crossbred plant not one of my heart breaking ones) returned this year (Is
that possible?).  A plant that is battling with voles is so far winning.
And after three years one of my crossbreds finally decided where it's
streaked pattern was going to fall.  I realized also that one plant I have
will never be a big hosta, no matter how I keep hoping (In fact the clump is
about 6" inches across and 1 1/2" tall).  I am always learning no matter how
much I think I know.

Hope your day was as productive.

Kate