Re: Piedmont Gold sports (was Registration)

  • Subject: Re: Piedmont Gold sports (was Registration)
  • From: AmberWaveG@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 21:06:42 EDT

In a message dated 05/20/2001 7:06:22 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
njhosta@hotmail.com writes:

     If your 'August Moon' sports to a green center, your sieboldiana
'Elegans' a gold edge, and your 'Hyacinthina' a white edge, and these
plants look, even to your own eye, very similar to 'Abiqua Moonbeam',
'Frances Williams', and 'Francee', would you name and sell them too? There
has to be a point where you leave it in the garden and sell something else.

Hi Bill
I was showing a couple of August Moon sports that I found to a friend today.
I have had them for a few years and one looks like Abiqua Moonbeam and the
other like September Sun. They are very nice plants, However, if I were to
regester them and try to market them I would only be pulling the wool over my
own eyes. I agree very much that at some point you just leave them in the
garden. After all, most of them go straight to the compost pile.