Re: GE (Great Expectations)- SUPERB

  • Subject: Re: GE (Great Expectations)- SUPERB
  • From: Mrgrthumb@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 22:44:01 EDT

In a message dated 05/23/2001 9:30:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
CCREDUX@aol.com writes:

I bet the analysis of the soils would give us the secret to successfully
growing "Great Expectations"

An experiment worth trying, to be sure; however, I think it is genetic and
will always be a poor grower after 3 or 4 years. I had a great clump of it
very good soil and tended to it. It is now pitiful---4 years. I DO think
tests are warranted as R. suggests.
C. Crockett

Our Great Expectations is SUPERB this year and its now 7 years old...clump
about 4' in diameter...growing like gang busters and more spectacular each

Got to say its definitely in my top 5!
What are we doing wrong??

Best wishes,
Upstate NY Hosta Society