Re: GE

  • Subject: Re: GE
  • From: "Ransom Lydell" <ranbl@netsync.net>
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 07:58:35 -0400

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 9:28 PM

In a message dated 5/23/2001 10:01:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
roymdales@earthlink.net writes:
*********************************
Clyde
I am sure you are right I have noticed that the ones that do grow, have a wider than normal green edge.  I was at a grower yesterday, and he had a lot of them in pots.  The brightest of them, had narrow edges, and were really showy.  They were all the smallest plants.  The others ( mixed in randomly) were all plants with a wider , dark green edge, and were not only growing larger, but most had several divisions.  The others were all single division plants.
Thanks
Ran

I bet the analysis of the soils would give us the secret to successfully
growing "Great Expectations"

An experiment worth trying, to be sure; however, I think it is genetic and GE
will always be a poor grower after 3 or 4 years. I had a great clump of it in
very good soil and tended to it. It is now pitiful---4 years. I DO think more
tests are warranted as R. suggests.

C. Crockett