Re: Burying pots in the ground

  • Subject: Re: Burying pots in the ground
  • From: "Gerry/Bob O'Neill" <eoneill@attglobal.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:17:10 -0400

That just refers to potting mixes that are based on some material rather
than natural soil. Many of them have peat as a base, mixed with vermiculte
and/ perlite. Pro-miX BX is probably the most widely used, but there are
lots out there. The idea is that without the soil, they are lighter, not so
compactable, and do not carry the same disease potential that soils may
have (though most are not sterile, BTW).