Re: Lost Hosta

  • Subject: Re: Lost Hosta
  • From: Josh Spece <jspece@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 17:27:38 -0500

Mike-

I have quite a few plants that are...stunted?...this spring, too.  Blue
Angel, August Moon, plantaginea, Frances Williams...all were large,
established plants.  The actual clump size (# of eyes) seems to be about
normal, but the leaves are stunted, some misshapen and just generally
smaller than they were last year.  Is this what your's are like?

I'm hoping they will grow out of it with the next flush of leaves.

Could this be frost damage?  What else?

Josh
IA
z4

--
  ~~~      In The Country Garden & Gifts       ~~~
      Specializing in Hostas and Water Gardens

                Josh's Garden Web
   http://inthecountrygardenandgifts.com/jspece/

         "There are always two choices.
        Two paths to take.  One is easy.