RE: Cutworms

Thanks, Mary. That sure narrows it down for me. Something is just "felling"
the hosta leaves from about 1-3" above the soil; the leaves are just lying
on the ground in the morning in perfect shape. (Have been using them like
cut flowers, not that that's any consolation.) I've seen way too many baby
rabbits hopping around lately. The parent rabbits (I assume) pruned my new
Cornus Wolfeyes pretty bad; had to put a wire fence around it.

Waskely wabbits!  I'm about to start live-trapping them and taking them to
different areas of the country....

However, I do see very very small slug babies around, and they have done
some big damage in spite of my early efforts with Sluggo to nip the invasion
early and often.