Re: Cutworms

  • Subject: Re: Cutworms
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 21:06:08 EDT

In a message dated 5/31/01 8:49:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bobaxe@sbtek.net
writes:

<< I couldn't make out which you meant for sure above, rabbits or
 cutworms. The original corn cutworms they treat for so much cuts the
 small cornstalk or other plant off an inch or so above the ground and
 sucks the juice out of the stem sticking up.  >>

Bob, I am wondering if corn cutworms will work on hostas.  I have had so much
of the described damage from rabbits that I have on occasion thought that my
yard was being vandalized.  Rabbits do tend to frequent a certain area, and
if you watch them at dawn and dusk you can see them just hopping along
snipping things off and hopping on.  The two things that most surprised me
was snowball bushes and impatients.

I went from being a vegetarian to shooting rabbits with no remorse.  N.