Potting plants, was Another seriously dumb question

  • Subject: Potting plants, was Another seriously dumb question
  • From: "Ann James" <annfree@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 07:48:10 -0500

I must say, since this is my first experience with hostas, that I am
impressed with their toughness and  growth habits.  Learning how to deal
with shade and a different soil is new to me, but now we've seen a complete
rotation of the seasons here and I'm getting a feel for what works and what
won't.

Hard to say goodbye to the sun lovers with all their bright flowers, though.
I have a few in pots on the patio, which is about the only place to get
enough sun for them.

Ann James
Zone 8