Re: Another seriously dumb question

  • Subject: Re: Another seriously dumb question
  • From: HoroRL@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 09:57:11 EDT

In a message dated 5/1/2002 8:46:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time, wie1086@earthlink.net writes:

I bought a big concrete pot this weekend with a basket weave finish.

Good morning, Ray:

Do you prep the concrete?  What I mean to ask is:  since concrete is alkaline (pH>7), do you rinse it with vinegar or wash it with a sulfur slurry to make the interior surface more acidic?

I believe when people make the hypertufa toughs they rinse it with a vinegar solution, rinse, and let it cure for 3-4 weeks before planting.

Thanks in advance...Hostally,

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA