Frozen Pips

  • Subject: Frozen Pips
  • From: gw1944@vermontel.net (Glen Williams)
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 10:34:28 -0400 (EDT)

I have any number of frozen pips on some hostas that were dumb enough to be
tricked into early emergence. We are talking mush here. I have had frozen
and frosted unfurled leaves before, and have cleaned them off the crown and
waited for the rest of the leaves to emerge. I assume (always a mistake
with hostas)  that I would be better off cleaning all this mess off the
crown and perhaps  putting on a little fungicide to prevent crown-rot. Is
there any other wisdom out there that does not involve a lawnmover or the
English heal method?

"The future isn't what it used to be.".
Glen Williams
20 Dewey St.