Re: Tomatoes in pots

  • Subject: Re: Tomatoes in pots
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 06:38:36 EDT

gardenrat12831@yahoo.com writes:

<< I would recommend Brandywine, but there's also another
 great old-fashioned tomato called "Lillian's Yellow"
 that is a bit later in the season. These make smallish
 fruits but they are absolutely delicious for slicing,
 dicing or just eating off of the vine.
 Also very attractive in pots.  I've also had good luck
 with one called "Box Car Willy."  Love the name, also
 good fruits, slightly larger size.  And then there's
 Homestead--another good old standby.

Thanks for all the good recommendations!

I saw that Paula and Ann discussed SAP (the little crystals that hold water)
but I have to still wonder about the amount of them to use.  Good price
Paula, I will have to look to see if larger amounts are available here for a
good price.

Narda