Moisture Crystals and Zerotal

  • Subject: Moisture Crystals and Zerotal
  • From: EntICE11@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 07:47:40 EDT

I have information for you...based on my experience.

1/4 cup...is too much unless you really incorporate it into the soil around more than I did.
I am going with half of that and going to stir it up into the dirt better.
The plants I put it under...were almost pushed out of the ground.

Maybe on an established huge plant that 1/4 cup might be good.
But try and imagine...lifting every plant you have..and putting it underneath.
I have got to find a better way for the older plants.

So far I am just using it in new beds with the sandiest soil.
I may randomly pick some older hostas I don't think are doing as well and try them.

Where you got Zerotol..might be the place to get the Crystals. That is where I got my Zerotal.

Oh the subject of Zerotal. Is it better to use it in the spring before hosta leaf out or after?
Will Zerotal hurt the leaves?