Re: Moisture Crystals and Zerotal

  • Subject: Re: Moisture Crystals and Zerotal
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 09:27:22 EDT

In a message dated 5/3/02 7:49:04 AM Eastern Daylight Time, EntICE11@aol.com

 Oh the subject of Zerotal. Is it better to use it in the spring before hosta
 leaf out or after?
 Will Zerotal hurt the leaves?

Paula, I knew that there was a reason to not put a ton of SAP into the pot,
heaving of the plant when the crystals absorb water was the reason.  If I
remember someone said to use the crystals in the bottom third of the pot and
to use a small amount.

I forgot about the Zerotol, I ordered it, it is in and I need to pick it up.
I don't think it matters, you can use it whenever, it is a fungicide and
germicide, I think................. sooooo......... it couldn't hurt.  My
friend who ordered it says it is recommended for general use in the green
house but he can't afford it for all purpose use.

If my memory serves me right it is best used when the hostas are in full leaf
and when the nematodes are in all their glory.

Makes me wonder why you couldn't use just a good spray of bleach, but won't
go there.

They say rosemary is good for memory, I think I should plant it everywhere,
wonder how ti gets along with hostas...rosemary that is?