Re: Moisture Crystals and Zerotal

  • Subject: Re: Moisture Crystals and Zerotal
  • From: Larry McLain <olemacdee@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 07:12:52 -0700 (PDT)

Narda, I picked up ten bags of Schultz Plus 2 cu., on closeout at Walmart last year for 3.00 a bag. I thought that would be plenty for raising my seedlings last winter. I could of used 30 bags! This is really great stuff, except that green algae grows very fast with it. I am wondering if the moisture that the crystals hold in the soil, adds to the algae? I corrected the problem by sprinkling fine sand over the trays after seeding. This worked great! I see that Walmart cares it this year as well. I will be backing up the truck, when the close out season arrives. Larry

  NardaA@aol.com wrote:

In a message dated 5/3/02 9:13:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time, hostahill@msn.com

<< Around these parts they sell Schultz Potting mix. About 9 bucks for 2 cu
ft. It already has the crystals incorporated in just the right amount (they
don't tell you what that is). In any case, I have used it to pot up plants
which arrive from the nurseries and it really makes it a breeze. Expensive,
maybe, but I am putting 25 to 75 dollar plants into these pots, so ...

George, they had the Schultz potting mix locally here at Sam's last year and
it was great stuff. Sam's is not carrying it this year. N.

Do You Yahoo!?