Re: [hostapix] Re: online database

  • Subject: Re: [hostapix] Re: online database
  • From: Bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 15:41:22 -0500

Alttara Scheer wrote:

> Bob! This is awesome.
>
> I have the first three fields included in my own list (hostas I have)
> which is a few hundred. Is there an easy way to add that info from my
> Excel file, or would I need to re-type it all?
>
> What I mean to say is, I'd be glad to help, but what is the
> easiest/fastest way?

Hi Alttara
	What it is is a file that breaks on the | between the fields in the
perl program I did. I could make a excel file work but the fields would
be all different.
	So a person could actually do a text file without wordwrap and send it
to me and I could include it on the server. Like this but it has to be
exactly 6 entries in the order that the program is in.

A Many-Splendored Thing|Elslager|1999|Edge var|Med-Lg|none
Aardvark|Savory|1991|medio var|Large|none
Abba Aloft|Aden|1990|edge var|Med-Lg|none
Sunshine Glory|Kevin Vaughn|1982|none|none|none
Super Nova|Q&Z Nursery|1982|none|none|reverse Frances Williams
Sweetie |Paul Aden|1988|none|med|fragrant-similar to Fragrant Bouquet
Swirling Hearts|Zilis|none|none|none|none

	So if someone made the 6 fields and separated them with the | character
which is two over from the P key on my computer I could open the file
and append them on the end. I think what we first need to do is decide
how we are going to add them first. Are we going to call them lg or
large, med or medium, green, gn, etc. It will make a different when it
comes to searching although it will search for anything that is g,
ga,gb, gaa, on down the line alphabetically.
	It might be better to be as organized as possible before we start, it
is alot easier than trying to change it all later. Remember the mac
computer debacle and the library cds. I don't know what to think of the
comments, not much way to search using them but it would still be nice
if up to a small comment could be made for some.
--
Bye