Re: [hostapix] Re: online database

  • Subject: Re: [hostapix] Re: online database
  • From: Bob <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 19:28:28 -0500

Hank Zumach wrote:
> HI Bob--How are some of the data base compilers doing it?  Is it Carol who
> has a big data base?  How about the person who has the sport data base?
> Those folks may have worked out many of the problem areas.  Maybe you can
> you contact them for advise.

Hi Hank
	Those are programs with database engines, really complicated things.
This is a simple data file that can be searched online with no added
software needed.
	By the time someone converted an excel database into this it is easier
to start over. I mean say they have 15 fields and only need 6 of them
for the database out the fifteen plus in a certain order to fit the
online one it would be easier to do it from scratch, re-enter the data
one plant at a time. Besides Pat has one online if someone wanted to
download one already done but that one can't be searched online by
everyone in the format it is, actually they probably could but it would
need to be installed differently on a sever and some kind of interface
installed which is beyound me.
                Websites http://gardensights.com
                Hosta Library http://hostalibrary.org/