Re: bind weed or morning glory ruins two Hostas

  • Subject: Re: bind weed or morning glory ruins two Hostas
  • From: Len Phillips <lenphillips@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 13:09:48 -0700 (PDT)

I would plant my hostas in large nursery pots, and plant the pot and Hosta
where they do best.  The nursery pot will prevent the bind weed from
getting into the soil with the Hosta roots.  I would also bury the nursery
pot so deep that only a half inch is above the ground and keep your mulch
at that depth to hide the pot, but not let the bind weed roots enter the
pot area.

Len Phillips
Editor of Hosta Magazine
Visit http://hostamagazine.com