Re: bind weed or morning glory ruins two Hostas

  • Subject: Re: bind weed or morning glory ruins two Hostas
  • From: halinar@open.org
  • Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 17:07:33 -0700 (PDT)

>I have a problem with bind weed or morning glory strangling the Hosta
>roots, from the other side of the fence.

The easiest way to kill the bind weed in your situtation is to make a
solution of Round-up, add a little ammonium nitrate or ammonium
sulfate, put that into a container and stuff the ends of the bind weed
into the container of Round-up.  Just leave the ends of the bind weed
in the Round-up until they look good and dead.  Might take a week.

Joe Halinar