Re: tree roots

  • Subject: Re: tree roots
  • From: Barbara Jackson <jacksonb@brandonu.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 09:33:41 -0500

I tried the planting in 2 gallon pots this past winter and every single one
survived despite my skepticism.  :)  I just completed digging them all up
and cutting away the feeder roots and discovered that one or two actually
had the feeder roots growing just under the surface of the soil which had
been mounded about 2 inches over the top of the pot under the ground.  They
were easy to dispose of and the pots will go back in the ground after the
bed is redug, yet again.

P. S.  Are 2 gallon pots big enough???