Re: Oh, deer

Hi Alice,

No, you're not too late! I'm still mulling this over, and all feedback is still very much appreciated.

-Alttara

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 09:53 AM, ALICE ZEIGER wrote:

I may be a bit late in replying to this theme, but I
must add my two cents on the deer issue.  Dogs are
very useful, in my opinion. I have two retreiver types
that frequent the yard.  The scents that they lay down
will usually deter most deer, and if you add some sort
of physical barrier, you should have pretty good luck.
 I've found that strips of old, used carpet work well.
 The deer don't like the feel of it underfoot.
 Fencing adequate to keep deer out can be very
expensive, but I've found that small portable fences
scattered at right angles throughout my vegetable
garden plus the dogs plus the old carpet strips have
pretty much solved my problem in years past.  Now your
CT deer might be more agressive....
AliceZ in upstate NY where it is raining
http://search.yahoo.com