H hypoleuca "Maekawa"

Hosta hypoleuca 'Maekawa' is a ''full blood " hypoleuca Actually
there is hardly any difference. It certainly is not the latest to flower
it flowers somwhere in August. Apart from its white back its most
conspicuus character is that a crown when adult has only a single
leaf. A fair number of hybrids are around. I have made myself quite
a few. If I remember well 'Ed. E/Olslager' has registered a large
number. Examples are Azure Snow and ..
Ben J.M.Zonneveld
Institute of Biology,Leiden University, Clusius lab
Wassenaarse weg 64, 2333 AL Leiden, The Netherlands
Zonneveld@rulbim.Leidenuniv.NL
Fax: +31-71-5274999. min temp -10(-15)C (10F)