RE: H hypoleuca "Maekawa"

  • Subject: RE: H hypoleuca "Maekawa"
  • From: "Mary Chastain - Lakeside Acres" MC_hosta@Bellsouth.net
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:36:17 -0400

This is a hybrid of hypoleuca. White back with purple on petioles. It is an
F2. I have gotten away from the one leaf crown. This one grows several
leaves.  If I remember correctly there are two crowns in this pix. I also
have a smoky colored ruffled hybrid that I am calling Old Smoky that has
several leaves per crown. I just divided a huge upright lime that has 7
leaves per crown. All have white back so this must be a strong  trait.

Mary