breeding for health

  • Subject: breeding for health
  • From: hostas@gmx.at
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 11:13:15 +0200 (MEST)

Hi All!

Seeing those lists of dead hostas makes me wonder, if it shouldn4t be one of
the main aims of a hybridizer to breed healthy, sturdy hostas? What use is
the prettiest hosta if it doesn4t live to maturity?
Just a thought...

BTW I lost only two hostas to crown rot this winter - both of them in pots
Barbara Ann and Ginkgo Craig