Re: Invasive Companions etc

  • Subject: Re: Invasive Companions etc
  • From: Marie hostas@gmx.at
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 16:30:54 +0200 (MEST)

I would like a list of
> companions plants  (for under planting too) that won't take over  and send
> my hostas into decline.  I would like a second list of "Invasives" which
> should be avoided unless you live along Love Canal or possibly in New
> Jersey."

Hi!

Here some suggestions for the good companion plants list.

Ferns (as long as it isn4t bracken)
Bergenia
Thalictrum
Aquilegia
Spring flowering bulbs
Heuchera
Small Carexes (C. pendula can become a bit invasive though)
Pulmonaria
Ophiopogon
Liriope
Digitalis
Viola
Astilbe
Cimicifuga
Ligularia
Anemone

Underplantings:

Ajuga
Lysimachia nummularia
Lamium maculatum Cultivars (eg White Nancy)
Ranunculus ficarius

That4s all I can think of right now - if I remember more I4ll send it
through

--
Cheerio

Marie