Re: (no subject) ......It's about ants

  • Subject: Re: (no subject) ......It's about ants
  • From: NardaA@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 09:14:28 EDT

In a message dated 5/29/03 4:12:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
eschnell@rochester.rr.com writes:

>  I don't know what to do about ants outdoors, but once when they got into
>  house, I sprinkled talcum powder on their trails, especially where they
>  entering.  I had heard that this destroys their scent tracks.  It did work
>  for us.

Betty, I haven't had ants in the house for a long time.  But I have a bed
that is full of them, eggs are apparent when I dig throughout.

Borax is supposed to be the answer.  I remember peanut butter and borax, but
someone posted powdered sugar.  Put the mixture in a plastic container with a
snap on lid that has a couple of ant size holes near the bottom.  It is like a
giant ant trap, similar to the little ones that you can buy at the store.  If
you have dogs then you might want to use a heavier container with a screw on
lid, keeping in mind other animals and their safety.  N.