NE Ohio Arboretums?

  • Subject: NE Ohio Arboretums?
  • From: "Andrew Lietzow" <alietzow@myfamily.com>
  • Date: 8 May 2004 08:47:01 -0600

Dear Hosta-Open Ohioans,

I'm heading to Ohio on the last day of the AHS National Convention, June 20 (right after the last visitor leaves!) and will be there for a week.  I am strongly considering making two trips--one to see Peter Ruh place in Chesterfield, and one to the Holden Arboretum which is nearby where we are staying (Punderson Manor, for those that know the area).

I'd like to find an Arboretum near Newbury, OH that offers Hostas and a Japanese Garden.  I've been to the Chicago Botannical Gardens and was quite impressed with their 353 acres.  The Holden Arboretum seems promising, and they have 1400 Acres, but when I asked them about a Hosta Garden, the customer service rep had to think a moment as to whether they had a Hosta display garden.

Maybe I'll be all Hosta'ed out by then (is that even possible?), but if someone has some tips for what to see, I'm all ears.

Incidentally, I already know I should see Van Wade's and am strongly considering a trip to Belleview.

Andrew - in Des Moines, where we are frequently reminded of the wisdom of Marvin Lemke's axiom;  "The faintest label is better than the most retentive mind".    Caio.
Get your own family web site at www.MyFamily.com!