Jim Hawes

  • Subject: Jim Hawes
  • From: falkora@smig.net
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 08:08:55 -0500

I never had the opportunity to meet Jim Hawes but have had some e-mail correspondence with him, and knew he was a very special person! Three years ago I was the lucky winner of one of his hostas, 'Redolent Nosegay', in the First Look auction. I have loved it from the beginning...an improvement on its parent 'Fragrant Bouquet' (much more vigorous and more striking variegation), and I will treasure it as a memory of someone whom I was not fortunate enough to meet.
Linda Kofstad