Re: Jim Hawes

Thanks Bill, Jim was a good friend, and we will miss him greatly. He often stopped by our place in North Carolina on his many trips from Maryland to Florida to see about his wife. I believe he finally took her back to Maryland having told us he hated to put her in a nursing home. Of course, his many contributions to the hosta world, not the least of which is the color wheel, will impact on all hostas lovers.
John Lanier

Bill Meyer wrote:

Hi Everyone,
       I'm sorry to report that Jim Hawes has passed away. I don't have much
information as yet, but he left us on April 18th. I have been trying to track
down more information and have been contacted by his daughter June. She will
be calling again to let me know more. Please copy to other hosta-related
lists.
                                                        ..........Bill Meyer

-- MissVitro Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory John and Laura Lanier jlanier@yancey.main.nc.us 81 Summer Trees Lane Burnsville NC 28714 Ph. (828) 682-4174